The Estimator is a direct contributor to the profitability of the company by ensuring the execution of complete and accurate estimates. The individual effectively works with project developers, subcontractors, clients and office personnel and manages a variety of tasks simultaneously.
Summary of essential job duties:
- The Estimator is responsible for the timely, efficient and accurate pricing of the bid package.
- Performs property walkthroughs to assess field measurements, repairs required, health and safety issues and recommendations for property aesthetics.
- Knowledge of all construction trade requirements and pricing, both rehabilitation and new construction. Knowledge of government contract requirements.
- Ability to read and understand instructions to bidders including but not limited to General Conditions, Special Conditions and Specifications, Technical Specifications and Project Schedule
- Ability to read and draw blueprints. (CAD proficient).
- Ability to provide uniformity for bid estimates and to ensure that the same base is used for progress and productivity reporting on the job.
- Extensive knowledge of building practices.
- Demonstrated ability to perform hand takeoffs.
- Working knowledge of construction takeoff and estimating software programs.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Superior interpersonal and written/oral communication skills with the ability to relate well and cooperate with others to effectively coordinate activities and accomplish goals.
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving (collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions in a timely basis) and negotiation.
- Ability to communicate and work with cross functional teams and all levels in the organization.
- Results-oriented to ensure delivery of appropriate products and services in an accurate, complete, and timely fashion.
- Demonstrated intermediate skills with the standard features of various personal computer word processing and spreadsheet software (Microsoft Word and Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet, and proprietary software).
Please submit your cover letter and résumé to Greg Eyre, Vice-President, Reid & DeLeye Contractors Ltd.